The Guyana Fire Service (GFS) will take at least one month to complete their investigations into the fire that has gutted ‘G’ Division (Essequibo Coast-Islands) Commander, Crystal Robinson’s home.The remains of the house owned by G Division (Essequibo Coast-Islands) Commander Crystal RobinsonIn an interview with the Guyana Times on Saturday, Robinson said that this was related to her recently by investigators attached to the Guyana Fire Service. She is quite curious as to what might have stated the fire.She nevertheless, was appalled as to the lengthy period the investigation will take to complete.“I can’t really say if I am satisfied with the investigations, because I don’t know what their investigation entails because they had to get people from the Ministry of Works and different places to do their investigations so it takes time. I am still waiting on them”.On August 10, a fire of unknown origin completely gutted the newly appointed Commander’s West Coast Demerara home.Robinson in a previous interview had stated that she was at the Police Pageant at the National Cultural Centre when she received a call at about 00:30h that her house was on fire.The GPF continues to support the Commander as acting Police Commissioner hands over a cheque to RobinsonShe explained that by the time she reached her Lot 154 Back Street, Stewartville, WCD, home, the house was completely engulfed in flames and as such, she could not save any household items.Firefighters, who arrived at the scene late, were also unable to save anything from the blaze.It was reported that the first fire tender to respond to the fire got stuck in mud while the second arrived without water.By the time the third fire tender reached the scene, the house was already destroyed. Robinson said that she lived in that home for 51 years with her parents and other relatives. Luckily, none of the five occupants were at home at the time of the fire.According to her, a neighbour observed flames in the garage and contacted the Guyana Fire Service (GFS).Robinson said that three vehicles were destroyed by the fire. Ever since the fire, Robinson has been staying with a relative. She is eagerly awaiting the completion of the investigation in order to start reconstruction.So far, the Guyana Police Force (GPF) has pledged its “full support” to bring relief to Robinson and her family.
Young is a bargain for the Rangers at about $3.5 million this season, the last of a $10 million, four-year contract for the three-time All-Star. The Rangers will pick up a team option for $5 million next season before the extension begins. By agreeing to an extension, Young will bypass a chance for free agency in 2008. “I’m sure it’s great to see what’s out there,” Young said. “I did not want to go somewhere else and then see that Texas is in the World Series. We have a great core here and we’re all committed. I want to be here and help promote a winner.” The current deal was signed in 2004, the same spring Young switched from second base to shortstop after Alex Rodriguez was traded to the New York Yankees. Young’s extension will be the second-largest contract in Rangers history. The biggest was the $252 million, 10-year deal Rodriguez got in December 2000. Young, a Bishop Amat High School product, didn’t discuss the finances of the deal, which is for 2009-13. The $80 million figure was disclosed by a person familiar with the negotiations and who spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made. The Rangers were expected to announce the deal today, when they play their spring training opener in Surprise. A .300 career hitter, Young was the AL batting champion in 2005 at .331, and was the All-Star game MVP last summer. Young hit .314 with 52 doubles, 14 homers and 103 RBIs last season. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! DALLAS – Shortstop Michael Young has agreed to a contract extension worth about $80 million over five seasons with the Texas Rangers. “We accomplished a great deal over the past four days,” Young said after spring- training workouts Thursday in Surprise, Ariz. “This puts me here through the 2013 season and represents a great leap of faith on their part.”
A scaffolding company has pleaded guilty to breaching health and safety regulations at a site where a worker fell to his death.Jay Dolan, a director of Scafftex Systems, Tieveboy, Ballindrait pleaded guilty at Letterkenny Circuit Court to two breaches of health and safety law at Colgan Hall in Carndonagh on May 23rd, 2006.Kevin McNammee from St. Johnston died after falling from scaffolding at the site. Dolan pleaded guilty to failing to provide a safety harness to Mr McNamee and failing to provide employee safety training for working on scaffolding.The case was adjourned to the next term of Letterkenny Circuit Court for sentencing and Judge John O’Hagan invited the family of Mr McNamee to attend and give evidence.COMPANY PLEADS GUILTY AFTER WORKER FALLS TO HIS DEATH was last modified: July 23rd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CarndonaghColgan HallHealth and SafetyScaffex Systems