Photo Courtesy of Jamaica Football Federation Jamaica’s under 20 Reggae Boyz remained unbeaten after three games at the CONCACAF under 20 football championship.This position remain after they battled to a creditable 2-all draw with Group “B” opponents Mexico at the IMG Academy in Florida last night.Mexico took the lead in the 21st minute through an own goal, when the ball deflected off the Jamaican defender Javain Brown.But the Jamaicans remained resolute as Leonardo Jibbison found space at the top of the box and unleashed to pull the reggae boys level at the hour mark.Jose Macias later restored the lead for the Mexicans in minute 66 from the penalty spot.However in the 71st minute Tyreeke Mcgee picked up a pass from outside the box and fired a ferocious shot from 35 yards out….. to give the Jamaicans a share of the point.Jamaica was later reduced to ten men, when Shandel senior was given marching orders following a rash challenge on a Mexican player in the dying moments. Goal scorers Jibbison and Magee along with Tevin Rochester all picked up yellow cards.In the meantime, the Jamaicans climbed to 7 points, but remain second in the group, behind Mexico who leads the table on 7 points with a superior goal difference.The Jamaicans will next be in action tomorrow when the tackle third place Aruba.Elsewhere in the group, Grenada recorded a 5- 2 triumph over Suriname, while Nicaragua were 2-1 winners over Aruba.Four teams from the Concacaf championships will advance to the FIFA under 20 world cup to be played in Poland next year.
Nike has said it is “deeply concerned” by rape allegations against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo.The US sportswear giant – which has a contract worth a reported $1bn (£768m) with Ronaldo – said it would “continue to closely monitor the situation”, the Associated Press reports.EA Sports, which also has a contract with Ronaldo, made similar comments.Ronaldo, 33, earlier “firmly” denied assaulting Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.Ms Mayorga, a 34-year-old US former teacher, was inspired to speak out by the #MeToo movement, her lawyer said.”The MeToo movement and the women who have stood up and disclosed sexual assaults has given Kathryn a lot of courage,” Leslie Stovall said. What did Nike and EA Sports say?In a statement, Nike said: “We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation.”Meanwhile, EA Sports told the AP: “We have seen the concerning report that details allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo.”We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA’s values.”In a separate development, Juventus – the Italian club Ronaldo joined from Real Madrid for £99.2m in July – came out in defence of its player.In a tweet, Juventus said: “Cristiano Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus.” How has Ronaldo responded?The Portugal international had previously said the allegation, first reported in German magazine Der Spiegel, was “fake news”.On Wednesday, he issued a statement through his Twitter account:IDer Spiegel said Ms Mayorga had filed a report with Las Vegas police shortly after the alleged incident. But the next year, she reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo involving a $375,000 (£288,000) payment for agreeing never to go public with the allegations.Her lawyers are now seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement void.In a lawsuit, Ms Mayorga says she met Ronaldo at the Rain Nightclub in the Palms Hotel and Casino, and that he raped her in his penthouse suite.Mr Stovall said his client had suffered from major depression and considered suicide since the alleged assault almost a decade ago.He said a psychiatrist had diagnosed Ms Mayorga with post-traumatic stress disorder. Las Vegas police confirmed on Tuesday they had initially investigated a complaint in June 2009, but added they had no suspect in the case.”At the time the report was taken, the victim did not provide detectives with the location of the incident or suspect description,” a statement said.”As of September 2018, the case has been reopened and our detectives are following up on information being provided,” it added.Ronaldo’s lawyers have previously said they will sue Der Spiegel magazine over its reporting.